i want to post the whole book
but can we just thank rick riordan for this because it is very important
Percy Jackson vs. Hercules
- Hercules: Yeah, I'm a demigod, child of the Big Three,
- Percy: Oh, yeah? Me too.
- Hercules: Well, when I was just a baby I strangled to snakes with my bare hands.
- Percy: Ah, I know what you mean. My mum freaked when I did that.
- Hercules: I fought the Nemean Lion.
- Percy: No way! Same. I was, what, fourteen?
- Hercules: I've fought a hydra.
- Percy: Dude, same. Although I wouldn't have been able to kill it without Clarisse, but still.
- Hercules: I hunted down Artemis' sacred deer,
- Percy: Oh, my friend did that. Chasing deer isn't really my thing though.
- Hercules: Oh, well... ahh... I fought this massive boar once.
- Percy: I think I fought it's girlfriend! It was a couple of days before I fought Kronos.
- Hercules: *sweats nervously* This one time, I had to clean this stable that hadn't been cleaned for thousands of years,
- Percy: Riiiiight. I heard a nymph helped you with that? I used my own powers. *raises eye brow*
- Hercules: I --
- Percy: Dude, I could go all day.
- Hercules: *flustered* I fought AMAZONS -
- Percy: Been there.
- Hercules: The minotaur --
- Percy: Done that. I was twelve.
- Hercules: I... uh... I've... been to the Underworld and back!!
- Percy: Man, I am sooo sick of that place. Been there like four times.
- Herucles: Uhhhh... I... *heavy breathing*
- Percy: Well, we done here?
- Hercules: *triumphant grin* I WAS OFFERED IMMORTALITY.
- Percy: Yeah, I turned mine down because I liked this girl...
- Hercules: *jumps into the river Styx*
I DID NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS LIFE WHEN I HAPPENED TO WATCH THE BOY IN THE ICEBERG ON TV IN 2005
Disney vs. Miyazaki
I haven’t seen Atlantis in a really, really long time, so I’m not even sure if this makes any sense, but did Disney mooch off of Miyazaki for some aspects of the Atlantian culture? The giant robot things in Atlantis look uncannily similar to the Laputan robots from Castle in the Sky.
Photo of the Day: Fishermen on Stilts
Photo by Suranga Weeratunga (Kandy, Sri Lanka); Galle, Sri Lanka
"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went."
"A wise girl kisses but doesn’t love, listens but doesn’t believe, and leaves before she is left."
"If ‘pro’ and ‘con’ are opposites, then would the opposite of ‘progress’ be ‘Congress’?"
The highlights of Percy Jackson and the Greek Gods by Rick Riordan.
I’d been debating on whether or not to read this and well this settles it
Happy Birthday Percy!!
You’re 21 today :)